Book your place on Trail School here
Every runner will find they can learn something from the Big Running Weekend’s Trail School. Hosted by the Accelerate Performance Centre, Trail School will run over two mornings and discuss the essential ingredients that will help you to get more from your trail and ultra running. It could be that you want to achieve new distances or to run that little bit faster, or perhaps it is to be able to run those ups and downs with a little more ease. Then there is the matter of planning your training…
“The weekend was superb, the workshops were the best I have ever been on. Short concise workshops but with plenty of time to practice with progressions available, all run by amazing friendly and knowledgeable coaches and supported by a brilliant crew. I have learnt so much in such a friendly environment with some really lovely like-minded runners who were out to improve their trail running and everything we covered I can take away and implement even in the flatter land of Milton Keynes. Thank you all.”
There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the two mornings and time to chat after each of the sessions.
Cost will be £30, which includes your Big Running Weekend Pass. Don’t forget your trail shoes and kit as we will be heading outside.
Topics to be covered:
Saturday 2th February 2020
10am – 1pm: Trail School Part 1
- Training and Racing Goal Setting – understanding the difference is pretty important.
- Race Planning and Priority – How often should I race?
- The Steps to a Peak and Foundation for Endurance Running and Speed Development
- Running Technique Part 1: We begin by discussing what the components are for good running technique across all terrains before we head out for a practical session. Expect a few hills and a session you can take away and use again.
- Close and summary
Sunday 1st March 2020
10am – 1pm: Trail School Part 2
Brief recap from the day before
- Building a Training Plan, which will also include developing endurance, speed and hill strength.
- Using Heart Rate and is it really that beneficial? (and the chance to borrow a Polar Heart Rate Monitor for the upcoming session.)
- The importance of Strength-Stability – it is considered an essential fundamental for all runners.
- Running Technique Part 2: We pick up where we left off from Saturday and get more into the detail of uphill and downhill running technique.
Your coaches for the sessions are Laura Inglis and Stu Hale. Both are highly experienced and between them have been coaching for over 40 years.
Laura, last year had the unprecedent record of a 100% improvement with the athletes she was working with. She is also considered an authority in developing stable strength for runners.
Stuart, meanwhile has coached fell and mountain runners for a number of years with his athletes achieving British and English championship wins and podium finishes and is also working with those that have run for their country. In addition he has been working on behalf of English Athletics, Coaching within a variety of different clubs for the National Club Run Scheme, helping both coaches and runners of all levels.
Both are regular coaches at WoodRun and have worked for Run England locally in helping other coaches within their clubs. Both on an ongoing basis work with those new to running.